Instant Noodles Are Very Unhealthy
Instant doodles, instant ramen, cup noodles – these are all very unhealthy foods. Manufacturers deep fry them in bad oil (like palm oil) and that’s where all the bad fats (trans fat, saturated fat) come from. Then, these noodles have to be wax coated (the same material they use in Styrofoam containers) so they don’t stick to each other when cooking. And don’t forget about the seasoning or small flavour packets that come with instant noodles. These powders are full of bad stuff such as salt, MSG, fat, and who knows what else!
However, after packing instant noodles with all these bad things, I realise that you may need to eat it once in a while – and that’s OK as long as you are not eating instant noodles frequently. Even if you eat instant noodles once in a while, you can do a few simple things to make it a healthy meal better than just eating only noodles.
Steps to Make a Healthy Bowl of Instant Noodles
1. Gather some vegetables and cut them in small pieces.
2. Here are some veggie suggestions. Pick all or some from these based on what you like: Broccoli, Celery, green beans, carrots, tomatoes, little bit of garlic, and any other vegetables you may like.
3. Boil the required amount of water and add a teaspoon of olive oil.
4. Throw in your vegetables.
5. Boil for 3 to 5 minutes.
6. Throw in noodles.
7. Cut down on seasoning or flavour packets by adding only half amount.
8. Boil for 3 to 5 minutes.
9. You are done.
When it comes to eating, you have the option to make it a healthy one or a junk one. Be careful and selective on what you eat and live a happier and a longer life.