When you are trying to develop yourself personally, one of the most important things to do is to be optimistic. If you are not optimistic, you are holding yourself back and doing yourself no favours. You are not helping yourself and you are not aiding your development in the least. Probably the biggest reason why people begin to suffer in personal development is because they are not optimistic. As a result, you need to learn how to be optimistic so that you can achieve the most out of your life.
- First things first, you need to get rid of the thought that the world is against you, that you have bad luck, or that you are not going to succeed at what you try. If you are pessimistic, you are not doing yourself any help and the sooner you get rid of this thought, the better off you are going to be.
- Just because you have had difficulty in the past, that does not mean you are going to have trouble in the future. If you have failed at something before, does that mean you are going to fail at it in the future? No, not in the least. All you do when you think that the past will influence your future is create a self-fulfilling prophesy for yourself.
- Probably the most difficult thing for a person to do is to take responsibility for their life. Often a pessimistic person will say they are the result of bad things, not the cause of it. If someone is not happy with their life, they will say that fate is against them, rather than taking responsibility for their own existence. If you are optimistic, you know that you, and only you, have the power to change things in your life. To develop yourself personally, you need to take responsibility for yourself.
- Carpe Diem. This means “Seize the Day” in Latin and it is very important that you do seize the day in your life. You want to remember that life is short and when you do that, you will stop thinking about the things that go wrong and you will want to take advantage of the time you have left and enjoy life. To be optimistic, you have to accept that the end will come, and by doing that you will be able to appreciate life you have and feel happy about it.
- Keep it all balanced. You do not have to be a total optimist, because if you believe nothing bad will happen then you may be a bit surprised when it does. Instead, be optimistic but be ready for things not to work out. Hope for the best, prepare for the worst. This is what being an optimist is all about.
Being optimistic is important if you want to be happy and successful and if you are going to develop yourself personally, then you need to be positive about the future. The minute you get pessimistic, you have lost all the headway you made being optimistic.
To streamline and minimize blog maintenance, I will be discontinuing maintaining the Simplepersonaldevelopment.com website (however, I will still hold the domain). I will gradually move all articles from this site to Entrepreneur Journey site. This article originally published on the above website on Apr 18, 2010
More Ahmed Dawn Articles