Stress Relief Tips
If you are going to better yourself and develop yourself to achieve your life goals, one of the biggest hurdles you need to overcome is stress. Stress is something that weighs us down and holds us back. It is an albatross around our necks that refuses to let go. It is something that must be defeated if you are going to achieve success in your life.
Stress can come from many different sources including your job, your relationships, your finances or even how your favourite sports team is doing. Staying in a stressful situation for long enough and you will begin to develop health problems. Many doctors theorize that as many as 90 percent of the health problems people face is as a result of stress.
So, how do you get rid of it?
- The first thing you need to do is to look at what is causing you stress and remove that thing. If finances are causing you stress, begin to put together a budget that will help you manage what you have more effectively. If your job gives you stress, then it may be time to find a new job.
- Try to find time for yourself. It is very important that when you begin to feel stressed, you take time for yourself by backing away from what is causing you stress. If you are at work and things are really starting to stress you out, just get up and take a five minute breather. Go to a break room or just stand outside in the sunshine. You will be surprised by how much this can help you.
- Begin doing things that are considered to be stress relievers. This can be a wide variety of items including, but not limited to, meditation, yoga, walking and even just taking a nap.
- Get some exercise. Studies show that exercise helps to release endorphins in the body and that makes you feel better. Not only that, you also get healthier and a healthier body is able to deal with stress more effectively.
- Spend time with those that you love. It is surprising just how stress can melt away when you are spending time with those you love. You can laugh with them, talk with them and feel the stress melt away. That is why family and friends is something that can help your stress become less of a problem.
Being stressed is not a good situation to be in. Many people feel as though they are trapped in the stressful situation and that is no way to get out of it and begin moving forward with your life. If you want to get out of the situation and better yourself, then you need to find ways to beat the stress and you can beat the stress. Don’t think it is not possible because it is. Just follow these tips and the stress will disappear before you know it. Stress does not have to rule your life, so do not let it.
To streamline and minimize blog maintenance, I will be discontinuing maintaining the Simplepersonaldevelopment.com website (however, I will still hold the domain). I will gradually move all articles from this site to Entrepreneur Journey site. This article originally published on the above website on May 15, 2010
More Ahmed Dawn Articles